Energy conservation focuses on using less wasteful energy and making the best use of the energy you are using. Along with reducing our reliance on non-renewable energy resources, it also helps save you money on energy costs, including utility bills and other energy bills.
Check out these tips to start conserving energy today.
- Raise or lower your thermostats by a few degrees if health permits, depending on the season.
- Turn off unneeded lights and appliances.
- Turn off unnecessary office equipment, computers, or other electronics.
- Update your home’s insulation if it’s affecting the temperature of your home.
- Open curtains/blinds during the winter to allow the sun to help warm your home, and keep them closed in the summer to keep unwanted heat out.
Source: Energy Sage